Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Never Stop Learning

When my mother turned 55 she said "I am done learning, I don't want to learn anything new".  I am almost 4 years older than she was then, and I can't imagine having to settle for only the things I have learned up until now for the rest of my life.  She lived another 24 years.  That is a long time to be stuck by the side of the road.  I recently audited a course on learning new digital techniques to apply to a portfolio of my body of work.  I have a large body of work, most completed during a less digital/ technological time.  I may not use this new found information in the same way the younger students will certainly need it, but I see my time spent as an opportunity to apply and further develop those skills to assist in my workplace, to help others on their journey in interior design , or maybe to simply document for my children what their mother has been doing the past 37 years. 

Never stop learning.  Evolve, improve, teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment